Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Family Lost, Family Found.

I have always had a sense of loss.  It seemed that I needed something, someone.  I just couldn't put my finger on it.  I wanted to find my Mother.  She gave me life.  I didn't know if she would want to know me.  I wanted to know her.  I prayed for help and I really didn't know how to go about the task of finding someone from so long ago.  I liked genealogy and tracing peoples roots.  It was kinda odd I couldn't do the same for myself.  I would try but it was like there was a brick wall.  No leads no past.  When God was ready He let me find her.  I was so afraid.  I called and got a recording so I left a message.  I told her who I was.  I used my birth name she gave me so she would know it was really me and not just a wild prank or something.  It was the most wonderful day when she called back.  I found I had 5 sisters and I was the only boy.  In one days time I went from no family other than my immediate one to a very large family.  I was so overwhelmed.   My mind was reeling.  It was so uncanny how much we were all alike.  I love my lost family with all my heart and I can't stop thinking about them.  I do hope that I can get to go and see them all.  It's gonna be a great homecoming.  I love talking to Mom and my sister.  There is no gift that has ever been as precious as finding my family.  I really just sit and wonder.....I get choked up and have no words to explain what I feel.  I walk around and I feel like I have a confidence I never had before.  I look forward to a life with my family talking and laughing and sharing each others love.  Miracles do happen and this one is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment