Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Never Knew a Summer Could be so Damn Cold

There's a song on an album titled "White Mansions" named "Never Knew a Summer Could be so Damn Cold."  This comes to mind to describe the weather of the last three weeks.  It has rained almost everyday and I only remember one day when it did not rain.  The temp has been hovering around 50 for a high. Hard on an ole boy who lives to ride his motorcycle.

I do look forward to warm weather and sunny days.  I yearn for the feel of the warm sun and smells that signify summer.  I look forward to being outside and feeling the warm sun on my face.  It gives me a thrill and a rush and lifts my spirits.

I have been down a lot lately.  I miss being home in NC.  I do not care for being where I am but I do so out of responsibility and love for my wife Sherry who is fighting with Cancer.  I will stay with her till it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment