Friday, May 6, 2011

Cold Spring Rain

I sat and watched the rain out the window.  I thought about my Mom who would have been 98 May the 4th.  She passed back in 99.  I think about her everyday, and miss her.  Its funny how sitting watching it rain can trigger so many memories, times long gone.  I walked outside and the wetness of the grass was cold.  My ankles and legs hurt because of arthritis.  The cold almost makes it feel like they are cramping and harder to move.

I think about Mom and knowing Sunday is Mother's Day.  I miss her.  I feel like she is with me sometimes, so close.  I feel so all alone.  My kids are all grown and have their lives and not much time for their Dad, maybe I just wish they were around more.  I miss them.

I always liked to watch the lightning and see it streak across the sky.  It's so powerful and scary.  The thunder follows.  There has been so many bad storms you pay more attention to them now.  I hope we don't have anymore tornadoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment