Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Silver Lining

I am shocked at the horrible death and destruction the tornadoes have brought to so many people this year.  I am more aware of the possibility of  the forces of nature every time a thunder storm comes our way.  I think the news carries more info now than they did in the past because of all this.  I just keep thinking about all the horror these people have had to endure.  I feel, well I feel afraid really that something like that could happen to my family at any time.  I just can't get it off my mind.  I just wish it could be better for those people somehow.

The one good thing that has come of this is the fact that it has brought people closer together.  Now I know what you're thinking, are you crazy?  No, really it has caused people to help each other and to come out and talk to their neighbors that they haven't ever spoken to before and to help each other.  I bet there has been a lot of praying going on and it has brought the people closer to God.  I know that I have talked to him more now than before.  I haven't heard a single comment about taking away prayer from a public place during all this.  I do hate for the destruction and loss of life.  I know there is no way to bring back what has been taken away by nature. This tragedy has affected so many people and friends of mine.  If you read this please lift them up in prayer and help them if you are able to.  God bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment